I’m speaking at the Ovations Speaker Showcase next week on the Twenty Trends for 2020. A big ask for twenty minutes.
Despite the time limits, it’s doable. Here’s the list of trends I think are going to define the rest of this decade, along with some related links.
- Accelerated rate of business
- China moving up the value chain
- Dealing with a society at retirement age
- Rising incomes in South Asia and Africa
- Robotics and Automation
- The internet of machines
- Reinventing entertainment
- The fall and rise of social media
- The continued rise of the DIY economy
- Newspapers cease to exist
- 3D printing
- The new education revolution
- Reskilling the workforce
- Older workers re-entering the workforce
- The fight for control of the mobile payments system
- Mobile apps redefining service industries
- Taming the Big Data tsunami
- The fight for data rights
- Flatter organisations
- The great deleveraging
Apart from the fact there’s 21, the twenty minutes I have allocated isn’t going to be enough to cover these. So which topics do I skate over?
Of course there might be more topics that I’ve missed. I’m open to suggestions.