On ABC 702 Sydney Weekend computers this Sunday, April 8 from 10.15am Paul Wallbank and Simon Marnie will be looking at the end of innocence for Apple Mac users, the DNS Changer Virus and how political campaigning is coming to a Facebook site near you.
Some of the topics we’ll discuss include;
- What is the Flashbook Mac Trojan
- How to protect Mac and Windows computers from threats like Flashback
- What is a DNS Changer and why should you care?
- How to protect yourself from computer Trojans and other malware
- How to spot a security charlatan
- Why you should not accept every Facebook friend request
- What is “social spam”
- How politicians are using Facebook
If you’d like to learn how to protect your Mac or Windows computers from malware, visit our Netsmarts article on the Flashback virus that explains the security settings and suggests some free anti-viruses.
While we had a great range of calls from listeners, there was only one we promised to get back to. Kay clearly has a virus infection on her Windows computers and we recommend the free MalwareBytes program to clean it up.
Our IT Queries site has more instructions on cleaning up a virus infection if you’re worried about a sick computer.
We love to hear from listeners so feel free call in with your questions or comments on 1300 222 702 or text on 19922702.
Should you not be in the Sydney area, you can stream the broadcast through the 702 Sydney website and call in anyway.