The Twentieth Century was defined by abundant and cheap energy while this century will be shaped by our access to massive amounts of data.
How do managers deal with the information age along with the changes bought about by technologies like the Internet of Things, 3D printing, automation and social media?
Management in the Data Age looks at some of the opportunities and risks that face those running businesses. It was originally prepared for a private corporate briefing in June 2015.
Some further background reading on the topic include the following links.
- Better than human – Kevin Kelly
- Will a robot take your job? – Gary Marcus
- Robots and robber barons – Paul Krugman
- Myth of the jobless recovery – Matt Yglesias
- The end of labor – Timothy Noah